“Product sampling reaches 70 million consumers every quarter.”
“Two out of three consumers will accept a product sample when offered.”
“Six in ten consumers who have heard of a product but never bought it plan to buy it in the future after sampling it.”
Properly done, product sampling is the single most powerful way to generate awareness, product trial and first-purchase conversion to brand loyalty. Product sampling has a powerful motivational influence on consumers. Sampling Products generates immediate brand trial and ultimately brings in new users.
- Reach everyday consumers in a captive environment.
- Product sampling reaches a large audience. Nearly three in ten people are offered a sample at least once every three months. Product sampling reaches 70 million consumers every quarter.
- Product sampling is undeniably engaging as a marketing method. Two out of three consumers will accept a product sample when offered.
- Product sampling effectively acquires consumers who are not familiar with a product. More than a quarter of consumers who have never heard of a product buy it after sampling it. Almost half of consumers who have never heard of a product plan to buy it in the future after sampling it.
- Product sampling persuades consumers to buy products they heard of but never bought before. More than a quarter of consumers who have heard of a product but never bought it end up buying it after sampling it.
- Sampling retains customers and builds brand loyalty. Almost a third of consumers who bought a product before, buy it again right after sampling it. Almost nine in 10 consumers who bought a product before plan to buy it again in the future after sampling it.
- Sampling can build a product’s market share by driving both new and current customers to buy the product they sampled instead of the competitor’s products.